Monday, July 23, 2012

Heavy On My Heart


Esther 2:7

Mordecai had a cousin named Hadassah, whom he had brought up because she had neither father nor mother. This girl, who was also known as Esther, was lovely in form and features, and Mordecai had taken her as his own daughter when her father and mother died.



Romans 8:16

16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.



Genesis 15:3

And Abram said, “You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.”



Exodus 2:5-10

Then Pharaoh’s daughter went down to the Nile to bathe, and her attendants were walking along the river bank. She saw the basket among the reeds and sent her slave girl to get it. She opened it and saw the baby. He was crying, and she felt sorry for him. “This is one of the Hebrew babies,” she said.
Then his sister asked Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and get one of the Hebrew women to nurse the baby for you?”
“Yes, go,” she answered. And the girl went and got the baby’s mother. Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this baby and nurse him for me, and I will pay you.” So the woman took the baby and nursed him. 10 When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses, saying, “I drew him out of the water.”


Genesis 48:5

“Now then, your two sons born to you in Egypt before I came to you here will be reckoned as mine; Ephraim and Manasseh will be mine, just as Reuben and Simeon are mine.





* I love reading scripture that has to do with adoption. Adoption is very near and dear to my heart, and Jason and I are slowly working towards that chapter in our lives. Over the last couple years, especially the last year, God has continued to press this issue on my heart. I started the book "Kisses From Katie" while at the beach, and couldn't put it down. It is about a girl who went to Uganda on a short mission trip, and fell in love with the people there. She ended up moving there to teach Kindergarten, and has adopted 13 children- and she is only 22 years old! (in case you haven't picked it up yet, THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW!) I graduate in December with my early childhood education degree, I am 22 years old, and I know God has called me to go on a mission trip overseas. I don't know much about Uganda or Haiti or Honduras or Guatemala, but I know these places, along with many more, need genuine, caring, real people to "act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8. I want to be obedient in what God has called us to do as a family, and I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us. I know He has called us to foster, adopt, and to go on some sort of mission trip. Since I was a little girl God always put the country of Guatemala on my heart. I know nothing about this place, or what the children look like there, but I know for some reason the Lord has placed this country on my heart. In the meantime, Jason and I are continuing to pray that He leads us on what to do. Until then, pray for us as well. We don't want to miss what He has for us!


A Walk Through Psalms For Women-
 "Have you made your life an exciting adventure, or have you allowed the distractions of everyday life to rob you of a sense of God's purpose?" 
LORD I PRAY THIS IS NOT ME! DON'T LET ME BE ROBBED OF YOUR PURPOSE FOR ME!


Psalm 77:11


11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
    yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see how He works in your life!!! It's going to be an adventure with Jesus, no doubt about it! Love you girl.

Meagan McLeod said...

Thank you Hayley! Yes it will be, but I know I have to be obedient :) Love you!

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Meagan. I live in Albany, Ga and attend Georgia Southwestern State University. Jason and I got married July 10, 2010! He is the love of my life, and my dream come true; I couldn't ask for a better man! Our main goal is to honor God in our relationship, and to be a Godly example for others to follow. God has blessed me in so many ways, and by His grace I AM SAVED!